1. The word ‘claustrophobia’ means –
(A) fear of darkness
(B) fear of crowds
(C) fear of confined spaces
(D) fear of water
2. The past tense of ‘rewind’ is –
(D) None of the above
3. The synonym of ‘supercilious’ is
4. Select the correct spelling
5. Choose the right word for the love of oneself
6. To feel ‘under the weather‘ means
(A) feel depressed
(B) feel uncomfortable
(C) feel unwell
(D) feel uncertain
7. Fill in the blank with a suitable preposition:
He presided _____ the meeting.
8. The idiomatic expression ‘make both ends meet‘ means
(A) get by
(B) get over
(C) get done
(D) get well
9. Fill the blank with the suitable option:
She _____ from the bus and walked to the back-gate.
10. The expression ‘holier than thou‘ means
11. Choose the right option:
While I ___________ in the library, someone threw a ball through the window.
(A) was sitting
(B) was seated
(C) had been sitting
(D) am sitting
12. Replace the underlined word with a suitable one
The serenity of the place overwhelmed me.
13. A place where bees are kept –
14. Fill in with suitable preposition
He is taller than you _____ two inches.
15. Which is the correct sentence?
(A) An one-eyed person was seen roaming about the streets.
(B) A one-eyed person was seen roaming about the streets.
(C) The one-eyed person was seen roaming about the streets.
(D) One-eyed person was seen roaming about the streets.
16. Convert the given sentence into an interrogative sentence:
I will meet you tomorrow.
(A) Where will you meet me?
(B) How will you meet me?
(C) Will you meet me?
(D) When will you meet me?
17. The word ‘officious‘ means
18. Add a suitable prefix to the form to the opposite to the word ‘capable‘
19. Select the correct answer to fill in the blank.
The ship, with its crew, __________ lost.
(C) were getting
(D) was being
20. The antonym of the word ‘superficial’ is
21. The word ‘vicissitude‘ means
22. Fill in the blank with the right option:
He was offended _____ me unjustly.
23. The antonym of the word ‘weird‘ is
24. Fill in the blank with the suitable article
‘La Gioconda’ (Mona Lisa) is _____ unique work of art.
25. The idiomatic expression ‘once in a blue moon’ means