Every year 3 to 4 (or even more) questions come from the chapters Preposition and Appropriate Preposition. We assimilated those questions from previous year’s papers. Let’s go through the questions to get a fresh idea about the quality and demand of the question level.
- She has no control over her temper.
- What are you worrying about?
- He spends hours on the phone everyday.
- He works for an insurance company.
- He died of dengue.
- He presided over the meeting.
- He is taller than you by two inches.
- He was offended with me unjustly.
- He deals in cosmetic goods.
- We sat in the shade of the tree.
- He cannot cope with this pressure.
- What is the time by your watch?
- Ram made the most of his resources.
- He prefered classical music to popular numbers.
- He has a preference for tea to coffee.
- It is 9 o’clock by my watch.
- She was running short of time.
- He was waiting for the train.
- He saved her from certain death.
- I prevailed on him tojoin our group.
- The crew were on the ship for a month.
- He hinted at some loss treasure.
- Here is the watch which you asked for.
- He is on the phone right now.
- He held his breath for several minutes.
- I was alarmed by the news of my brother’s illness.
- He sympathised with him in his bereavement.
- He succeeded by the dint of his hard labour.
- I have no desire for fame.
- There is an exception to every rule.
- I am going to Chennai on Monday on tour.
- The father was vexed with the son.
- A gentleman should be true to his words.
- The beautiful lady was compared to the moon by the poet.
- Competitors around the globe took part in the game.
- Shylock nurtured a deep-rooted hatred against Antonio.
- The senior officer was angry with the subordinates.
- The train was passing through a dark tunnel.
- The woman is standing at the door.
- You conduct is subversive to all discipline.
- Fortune smiled upon his efforts.
- He is a man in whom you can confide in.
- Hard work is indispensable to success.
- He agreed my to proposal.
- My friend is proficient in the art of cooking.
- The writer is enamoured of the subject.
- The celebrated grammarian Patanjali was a contemporary of Pushyamitra Sungo.
- The goat subsists on the coarsest of foods.
- The income derived from the ownership of lands commonly called rent.
- The teacher is popular with his pupils.
- He dared not look me at the face.
- The two boys fell out but soon become friends again.
- I asked the slow worker to get a move forward.
- He put by some savings to support him in his old age.