Exercise 06: Nouns – Number
- Indicate the numbers of— agenda, apparatus, auspices, cattle, furniture, gallows, gentry, mathematics, series, means, summons, riches, pence, thanks, sheep, physics, news, and people.
- Give the plurals of—Basis, Cherub, Clergyman, Fisherman, Foot-man, Formula, Frenchman, Gentleman, Governor-general, In-law, Man-servant, Miss Baker, Mr, Mrs, Mrs Sen, Sister-in-law
- Fill in the blanks—
1. Alms _____ distributed among the poor.
2. Cattle _____ grazing on the green.
3. Fish _____ abundant in this tank.
4. Lamb’s Tales from Shakespeare _____ an exciting book.
5. Mathematics _____ taught by him.
6. News _____ brought to us.
7. People _____ not like it.
8. Thanks _____ due to him.
9. The gentry _____ present there.
10. The people _____ running away.
11. Three counsel _____ engaged by me.
12. A policeman _____ present there on the spot.
13. Two policemen _____ present there on the spot.
14. The police _____ present there on the spot.