1. Improve the BOLD part if needed
The integrity and unity of the nation were assured in our constitution.
(C) Will be
(D) No improvement
2. Find the suitable preposition:
Akbar was crowned _____ the king in 1556.
(D) No preposition
3. Find the nearest meaning of the BOLD
So long as freedom of thought is not developed, there can be no civilised life.
4. Find the antonym of the word
5. Change the voice
We use butter in these cakes.
(A) Butter is used in this cakes.
(B) Butter is used in these cakes by us.
(C) Butter is used in these cakes.
(D) We are used in these cakes by us.
6. The word ABASE means –
(A) To make oneself less important
(B) To make oneself more important
(C) To make oneself strong
(D) To make oneself calm and cool
7. Change the speech
“This”, said Somen “is where I was born.”
(A) That was the place where Somen born.
(B) Somen said that he born in that place.
(C) Somen said (that) that was where he had been born.
(D) Somen said that this place had seen his born.
8. What does the idiomatic expression ‘over and above’ mean?
(A) In addition to
(B) Spick and span
(C) On no account
(D) At large
9. Fill in the blank with the suitable option:
The _____ of her speech down her in no time.
10. Choose the correctly spelt word
11. Find the grammatically correct sentence
(A) He neither will eat himself nor allow others to eat.
(B) He himself will neither eat nor does he allow others to eat.
(C) He will neither eat himself or allow others to eat.
(D) He will neither eat himself nor does allow others to eat.
12. Find the opposite meaning of the word
(A) To yield
(B) To mourn
(C) To accept
(D) To complain
13. Limestone _____ is used in the cement industry is mined in Bankura mainly.
(D) None of the above
14. The old man begged _____ help _____ his sons.
(A) for, for
(B) for, with
(C) for, from
(D) from, for
15. A group of events is called
16. Two-thirds of the work _____ left for good.
17. Change the sentence into assertive:
Alas! That youth should pass away!
(A) It is pity that youth should pass away.
(B) It is a pity that youth should pass away.
(C) It is a pity that youth would pass away.
(D) It is pity that youth would pass away.
18. ‘Head and shoulder above’ means
(A) Considerably superior
(B) Considerably racist
(C) Considerably taller
(D) Considerably tyrant
19. The wall was _____ hard to be broken.
20. Find the odd one
21. She concealed the news _____ me.
(C) Both A and B
22. Saikat and not his brothers _____ calm.
(C) Are known as
23. The poet explained how he _____ the novel.
(B) Had written
(C) Will write
(D) Is writing
24. Choose the synonym of the word:
25. Choose the antonym of the word: