- What does the expression déjà vu mean?
(A) Never seen
(B) Already seen
(C) Always visible
(D) Natural feeling
- Fill in the blank with the suitable option:
Nothing availed _____ the storm.
(C) itself of
- Change the given sentence into compound:
Although he was wounded, he was not killed.
(A) He was wounded but not killed.
(B) As he was wounded, he was not killed.
(C) He being wounded was not killed.
(D) He was killed because he was wounded.
- Close meaning of the bold word is
Her mother proscribed him to go there.
(A) advised him to go
(B) forbade him to go
(C) scolded him
(D) praised him
- One who loves rain is called
- Choose the suitable word
I _____ for the holidays.
- He taught this class. (Voice change)
(A) This class was taught with him.
(B) This class is taught with him.
(C) This class was taught by him.
(D) This class is taught by him.
- The idiomatic expression ‘man of letters’ means
(A) errand boy
(C) offish boy
- The word laurel means
(A) evergreen trees
(B) deciduous trees
(C) tall trees
- Change the speech
He said, “Man cannot be happy here.”
(A) He said that man cannot be happy here.
(B) He said that man could not be happy there.
(C) He said that man cannot be happy there.
(D) He said that man hardly feel happy here.
- Choose the opposite of the bold
She went out of her way to help us.
(A) did in a small way
(B) gave a cold shoulder
(C) gave full support
(D) helped overcome the crisis
- Choose the grammatically correct sentence
(A) He is strong like I am.
(B) They will tend to our need.
(C) She did it of her own account.
(D) There was no one there.
- Match the following:
(1) Decent (i) acceptable
(2) Descent (ii) downward
(3) Dissent (iii) disagree
(4) Descant (iv) music
(A) 1-i, 2-ii, 3-iii, 4-iv
(B) 1-ii, 2-iv, 3-i, 4-iii
(C) 1-i, 2-iii, 3-ii, 4-iv
(D) 1-iii, 2-i, 3-iv, 4-ii
- Find the correct part of the speech for the bold
It is half past three now.
- Determine the voice of the given sentence
Tea is hot when it is sipped.
(A) Active voice
(B) Passive voice
(C) Quasi active
(D) Quasi passive
- Let us discuss _____ the matter.
(D) no preposition
- Find the incorrectly spelled word
- Select the correct one
The black and the white cats _____ missing.
(C) has been
- A group of flower is not called
- The more you think, the more it puzzles.
Here the is
- Find the nearest meaning of the bold word
Give an account of the Mughal irruption.
- The great Alexander died _____ malaria.
- A man is called ‘henpecked’ because he
(A) never listens to his wife
(B) dances to the tunes of his wife
(C) gives a lot of money to his wife
(D) whose wife always listens to the man
- Opposite of the word abrogate is
(A) to introduce a law
(B) to end a law
(C) to curtail a law
(D) to formally accept a law
- Had I studied well, I _____ in the exam.
(A) had passed
(B) have passed
(C) would have passed
(D) would pass